Commercial - July 19, 2018
Webinar: Walmart's Project Gigaton - Driving RE in the supply chain
Walmart's Project Gigaton is a bold global initiative that best exemplifies the emerging dynamic of supply chain initiatives as an important growth engine for renewable energy sourcing.
This exclusive webinar features Joby Carlson, Walmart's global director of sustainable energy and operations, and Steve W. Chriss, director, energy and strategy analysis, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., in a discussion of Project Gigaton initiative, which has an objective to engage its suppliers in targeting the elimination of 1 gigaton of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 from operations and supply chain activities.
The webinar also offers an overview of how this important topic will be a part of the upcoming Smart Energy Decisions Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum taking place, October 1-3 in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
Attend this webinar to gain insights on how industry leaders are expanding adoption of renewable energy sourcing in their supply chains:
- Walmart reports Project Gigaton progress, offers emissions calculator
- SED launches Supply Chain Initiative
- Walmart brings Project Gigaton to China
- Infographic: Walmart's Project Gigaton in China
- DE Forum Presentation: Walmart's Distributed Energy Journey - Past, Present and Future
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Starbucks explores utility-scale storage in new procurement endeavor
- Goldman Sachs to offer employees clean home energy
- The Walt Disney Company establishes 2030 energy and environmental targets
- Land O'Lakes launches carbon program; Microsoft is its first buyer
- Weekend reads: How a Northern Virginia county joined a solar agreement with Amazon; The 2021 outlook for DERs