Energy Efficiency, Energy Storage, Industrial - October 4, 2018
Johnson Controls expands research on energy storage tech
Johnson Controls announced Monday a partnership with Consolidated Edison Solutions, Inc., in a project to expand the market for energy storage technology through battery systems developed by Johnson Controls.
The technology allows for seamless integration with building systems and provides flexible and customized applications such as peak shaving, frequency regulation, demand management and integration with renewable sources. "Upon commissioning, the system learns the operating characteristics of the electrical system to which it is connected and then optimizes the application for maximum economic benefit to the end customer," according to a news release.
"We are proud of the success we have built with our energy storage business over the past five years and with this joint venture we are creating even more opportunity to take advantage of growth in both the behind-the-meter and front-of-meter market, George Oliver, chairman and CEO of Johnson Controls, said in a statement.
For the project, Johnson Controls will contribute the intellectual property used in its previously developed battery management systems, while Con Edison will be the exclusive provider of battery energy storage to Johnson Controls customers.
The joint venture will make Johnson Controls energy storage group employees part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, effective immediately.
- Con Edison adds HVAC upgrade incentives for C&I
- Stanford's 4th generation district energy system
- University of Hawaii to reach 100% onsite RE
- Johnson Controls plant to go 100% green
- Cornell College to implement $5.9M in efficency improvements
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business