Industrial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - October 9, 2018
GM gains more wind power in Ohio
General Motor’s latest source of wind energy was officially opened on Oct. 8 at Northwest Ohio Wind, a 105-megawatt project that will generate clean energy for General Motors for at least the next 15 years.
"Renewable energy is an important part of GM's vision for a zero-emissions future," said Rob Threlkeld, Global Manager of Renewable Energy for General Motors, in a statement. "Working with CMS Energy's Northwest Ohio Wind farm, along with the HillTopper Wind Project in Illinois, we'll soon power all of our manufacturing facilities in Ohio and Indiana with 100 percent clean wind energy."
"We at CMS Energy are committed to our Triple Bottom Line of People, Planet and Prosperity, and we're excited to start generating clean energy that will help General Motors meet long-term goals to protect the planet," said DV Rao, Senior Vice President of Strategy for CMS Energy, a subsidiary of CMS Enterprises,which owns the Northwest Wind Farm.
Northwest Ohio Wind is expected to generate about 320,000 megawatt-hours of renewable energy per year. RECs from the project are committed to General Motors as part of a 15-year PPA, which will help offset carbon emissions from seven Midwestern General Motors plants.
- General Motors calls for greater access to wind and solar power
- GM banks $2.6M in utility rebates for energy upgrades
- GM and Switch partner on MI green tariff
- Bloomberg joins GM at HillTopper wind farm
- Driving Energy Efficiency in the Industry – Seven Years and Counting
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- GM partners on largest EV charging network
- Bloomberg, Salesforce, The Gap and others aggregate for VPPA
- The Home Depot announces new targets and RE initiatives
- Corporations shatter record for clean energy PPAs
- Final agenda and opening keynote announced for 2019 Innovation Summit
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report
- Mexico's Energy Market Reform: Navigating the Challenges and Opportunities in the Competitive Supply Market
- Monetizing Energy Assets for Data Centers
- What to Expect from Energy Markets in 2019