Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - October 16, 2018
Walmart announces trio of wind PPAs
Walmart has signed three PPAs for a total of 223 megawatts of wind power. These agreements will enable the construction of three new utility-scale wind farms in the states of Illinois and Indiana.
According to a statement, Walmart’s agreements, signed with EDP Rewenables, includes the following:
- 123 MW from the Bright Stalk Wind Farm, a 205 MW project in McLean County, Illinois, with start of operations expected in 2019
- 60 MW from the Headwaters II Wind Farm, a 200 MW project in Randolph County, Indiana, with start of operations expected in 2020
- 50 MW from the Harvest Ridge Wind Farm (formerly Broadlands Wind Farm), a 200 MW project in Douglas County, Illinois, with start of operations expected in 2019.
"The declining cost of renewable power has led to an increase in clean energy procurement from companies like Walmart in recent years," according to the statement. "The continued commitment from corporate entities in procuring renewable energy speaks volumes about the importance and value of securing fixed, competitive pricing over the long-term."
- Microsoft signs PPA for 125 MW Ohio wind farm
- Walmart reports Project Gigaton progress, offers emissions calculator
- Walmart partners on finance options for supply chain sustainability
- Virginia denies Walmart aggregation petition
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
The value of Smart Energy Decisions' events, your success is our business.