Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - November 12, 2018
Albertsons purchases Tesla tractors
Albertsons Companies announced the purchase of 10 all-electric tractors to service their Albertsons, Vons, and Pavilion stores in Southern California. The vehicles, which will travel 300 to upwards of 500 miles on a single charge, are part of the company’s ongoing efforts to decrease carbon emissions and run a cleaner transportation program.
“Advancing supply chain efficiency and sustainability is an important goal for our company,” said Tom Nartker, vice president of transportation, in a statement. “We’re excited to pilot this expansion of our transportation program with trucks that help us limit our overall carbon footprint.”
The electric semis expand Albertsons Companies’ commitment to running a safe, sustainable fleet to service its 2,300 stores across the country. The company’s entire 1,400+ truck fleet nationwide is SmartWay certified, as are 92% of trucks operated by their third-party carriers.
The announcement was made along with the release of Albertson’s 2018 Sustainability Update. In the report, Jim Donald, president and CEO, said, “Reducing our carbon footprint and taking a leadership position on safe environmental practices is a top priority. The EPA has taken notice of our sustainability efforts, naming Albertsons Companies a Green Power Partner and Safer Choice Partner of the Year for multiple years.” Albertsons also expanded their renewable energy portfolio with four 400kW solar installations last year, bringing the total to 48 sites across the country.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- GM partners on largest EV charging network
- Bloomberg, Salesforce, The Gap and others aggregate for VPPA
- The Home Depot announces new targets and RE initiatives
- Corporations shatter record for clean energy PPAs
- Final agenda and opening keynote announced for 2019 Innovation Summit
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report
- Mexico's Energy Market Reform: Navigating the Challenges and Opportunities in the Competitive Supply Market
- Monetizing Energy Assets for Data Centers
- What to Expect from Energy Markets in 2019