Energy Efficiency, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - February 14, 2019
UVM adds solar to rooftop
The University of Vermont Medical Center has begun generating solar power via a 198-kilowattpeak (kWp) solar array on the roof of Its facility in Williston, VT. UVM Medical Center will receive net metering credits at a discount, along with a steady stream of lease revenue from an otherwise unused rooftop. Together, these will result in approximately $124,000 of total value to UVM Medical Center over the 25-year life of the system.
The project is the third of its kind for the organization, said Peter C. Bero, Senior Project Manager at UVM Medical Center, in a statement. Encore Renewable Energy, located in Burlington, Vermont, was responsible for the project development and construction, while Sunwealth financed the project and will own and operate it for the life of the system.
Chad Farrell, Encore’s Founder and CEO said of the project: “It took an otherwise unusable piece of property and put it to work in a way that advances the climate economy and reduces the electric bills of an important organization in the community. We are very pleased to have had the opportunity to work on this system with a forward-thinking leader in the medical industry such as UVM Medical Center, and a leading impact-focused solar investor such as Sunwealth.”
The University of Vermont Medical Center is a 447-bed tertiary care regional referral center providing advanced care to approximately 1 million residents in Vermont and northern New York.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness