Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage - March 18, 2019
A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
With increasing severe weather events and disasters triggering greater numbers of costly power outages, there is a growing interest in generators for reliable backup power. As businesses consider backup generators and systems, this research, sponsored by Enchanted Rock, discusses the costs and benefits of various configurations.
In order for decision-makers to make informed choices, the report presents the following:
- An analysis of the economics and reliability of natural gas versus diesel as fuels for backup systems; compares the relative merits of grid-connected backup systems that enable financial benefits when the grid is functioning, versus backup-only systems that only generate energy for critical services when the primary grid is down
- A discussion on how to assign value to the reliability of each system and the revenue streams related to backup generators.
- Examples of backup systems at supermarkets located in Houston, Texas; Camden, New Jersey; and Orlando, Florida.
Download the report to explore all aspects of backup generator configurations:
- Power-generating windows: Coming to a building near you?
- Meat producer inks energy management deal
- Policies for enabling corporate sourcing of renewable energy internationally
- H-E-B installs backup power systems in Houston
- Resilience is becoming an absolute necessity
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan