Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - June 14, 2019
Hudson Pacific advances towards goals
Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. reduced energy consumption by 8% through 2018, on the way to a goal of 15% by 2025. The company also hit a 9% reduction in GHG emissions for the year, in this case heading towards 15% by 2018.
With the release of the company’s inaugural Corporate Responsibility Report, Victor Coleman, chairman and CEO of Hudson Pacific, said: “We believe that environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and good governance are integral to the operational and fiduciary excellence that drives our business forward. We seek to uphold and innovate best practices in sustainability, and I am pleased that our inaugural Corporate Responsibility Report highlights our commitment to being a leader in ESG, as well as our performance and accolades to date.”
During 2018, the company received a Green Star designation, LEED Gold certification, and Energy Star labels for 47 buildings, representing 71% of eligible office square footage.
The report said, “We are committed to high-performance, sustainable operations, with a focus on owning and operating energy, water and waste efficient properties that also incorporate robust recycling and green cleaning best practices. We have implemented sustainable property management strategies and efficiency retrofits, as well as increased visibility and transparency of our efforts with third-party validation from GRESB, LEED, ENERGY STAR, and other benchmarking systems. Aligned with our ongoing approach to process improvement, we seek to drive positive financial and environmental outcomes for our stakeholders.”
Hudson Pacific Properties is a real estate investment trust that owns and operates more than 17 million square feet of office and studio properties on the West Coast. Among its anchor tenants are Netflix, Google, Square, Uber, and NFL Enterprises.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness