Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - June 27, 2019
SED to premiere Accelerate Philly in December
Smart Energy Decisions (SED), in association with the Philadelphia Energy Authority (PEA), will host a major regional clean energy conference, Accelerate Philly, in December 2019. The event is organized in response to the growing interest and urgent need to increase the use of clean energy and reduce energy use and emissions to meet the City’s and region’s climate mitigation goals.
Accelerate Philly will be held December 9-10, 2019 at the Logan Hotel in Philadelphia. The event will deliver the information, inspiration and contacts needed to help large electric power users in the greater Philadelphia region implement best practices in renewable energy sourcing and energy efficiency. Attendees are energy, sustainability, and facility executives in the 11-county Greater Philadelphia region, including parts of New Jersey and Delaware. These attendees represent commercial, industrial, higher education and school districts, healthcare facilities, and city agencies and municipalities.
“Philadelphia is poised for dramatic growth and job creation in energy efficiency and renewable energy,” said Emily Schapira, executive director of the Philadelphia Energy Authority. “What’s needed now is to bring together large energy users and the vendors that provide these services to kickstart this work. We are grateful that SED has elected to bring this unique event to Philly.”
“In order to meet our climate commitments, including 80% carbon reduction by 2050, we need to jumpstart clean energy projects for the commercial sector,” said Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney. “Philadelphia has been leading by example both with major solar and efficiency projects and new policies to encourage these projects. We are excited to welcome this event to our city.”
Accelerate Philly offers a unique format featuring a study tour of current energy projects underway in the city; strategic customer keynote presentations and panels, pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings between customers and suppliers, and peer-to-peer networking in an intimate environment for focused discussion on mutual challenges and opportunities.
The event is being developed by Smart Energy Decisions, the Philadelphia Energy Authority, and a steering committee of industry thought leaders from the Philadelphia area including Michael Waslin, senior engineer, environmental sustainability, Merck; Ryan Spies, director of energy, sustainability and stewardship at Saint Gobain; Christine Knapp, director of the office of sustainability for the City of Philadelphia, and Ken Cowan, vice president of ENGIE Solutions. ENGIE is the lead sponsor of Accelerate Philly.
For more information on Accelerate Philly, click here.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness