Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - July 9, 2019
Zyxel flips switch on new HQ solar system
Zyxel Communications, a provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access, and connected home products, announced a milestone in its green initiative program with the completion of a new 200 KW solar power system, which will generate enough energy to supply about 90% of the power required to operate its Anaheim-based North American headquarters facilities.
Implemented through partnerships with SunPower and Renova Energy, the solar system went from planning to execution in seven months. The project represents the latest phase in Zyxel’s aggressive program to reduce its carbon footprint and improve energy efficiencies. Previous phases of the company’s green initiative were focused on reducing overall power consumption of its headquarters facilities, according to a statement from the company. Major projects included the replacement of the air conditioning system to achieve a 20% increase in energy efficiency, tinting windows to control temperatures within the buildings during the summer and changing building lighting from fluorescent tubes to LED bulbs.
The 36,500 square foot, two-building facility is the hub for Zyxel’s North American operations including sales and marketing, technical support, production, quality control, product repair, logistics, and warehousing.
“We’re very excited about the completion of this latest phase of our green initiative program because it is a concrete example of Zyxel’s continued commitment to corporate social responsibility here in the U.S. and around the globe,” explained Howie Chu, Ppresident of Zyxel North America. “Our facility is the first in the Zyxel family to move to solar. With the solar system being able to generate up to 90% of the power consumption requirements of our facility, the annual impact to the grid is significant.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers