Distributed Generation, Finance, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - October 9, 2019
Occidental completes solar farm to power oil operations
Occidental Petroleum Corp announced Oct. 3 the completion of their first solar facility to directly power its oil and gas operations in addition to signing a long-term PPA for 109 MW of solar energy beginning in 2021.
The power generated by the US oil and gas producer’s Goldsmith field solar facility in Odessa, Tex., will provide energy for its entire enhanced oil recovery field operation in the Permian Basin. The 120-acre field in Ector County features 174,000 PV panels with a total capacity of 16 MW and is the first of its kind to directly power oil and gas operations in Texas.
The 12-year PPA for a solar facility in West Texas was signed between Occidental’s Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary and a joint venture between Macquarie’s Green Investment Group and Core Solar LLC.
“Occidental is taking an important step toward realizing our aspiration to become carbon neutral through the use of emissions-free solar electricity,” Vicki Hollub, president and CEO of Occidental, said in a statement. “Using solar energy in our operations is another way Oxy Low Carbon Ventures is enhancing the profitability and sustainability of our business while meeting the challenge of reducing atmospheric greenhouse gases.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Planet Fitness announces 1st solar powered gym
- Weekend reads: CDP's global reach; a 40,000% power price spike
- Microsoft announces 230 MW renewables purchase
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- Weekend reads: Solar microgrids in the Bahamas; US gas station ditches oil for EV charging
- The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging