Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - October 17, 2019
Announcing Accelerate Philly and local Host Committee members
Registration is now live and the Host and Steering Committees announced for Accelerate Philly, a landmark regional clean energy conference to be held December 9-10 at the Logan Hotel in Philadelphia.
Accelerate Philly will bring together large power users, renewable energy developers, suppliers and government from the 11-county Philadelphia region (including Northern Delaware and South Jersey) in order to advance best practices in renewable energy sourcing and energy efficiency.
The Host Committee will be chaired by Philadelphia City Council President Darrell L. Clarke (5th District) (photo, left), with Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf (photo, below) as Honorary Chair. Additional members of the host committee include Philadelphia City Councilmember Derek Green (At-Large); Representative Donna Bullock, PA House of Representatives; Anthony J. DePrima, PhD., Executive Director, Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility; Judith Mondre, Founder and President, Mondre Energy Inc., Christopher A. Lewis, Chair of the Philadelphia Energy Authority; E. Mitchell Swann, P.E., FCIBSE, LEED AP, Principal, MDC Systems; Liz Compitello of the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission and C. Baird Brown, Principal at Eco(n)law. Host Committee members may not all be in attendance in December.
The Accelerate Philly educational program will feature a unique mix of general sessions, study tours of important energy projects in the region, and one-to-one meetings between buyers and suppliers. The content focuses on hot topics specific to the region developed by Smart Energy Decisions, the Philadelphia Energy Authority, and a Steering Committee of thought leaders from the region. These topics include:
- Sourcing renewables
- Energy procurement strategy
- Energy efficiency (lighting, HVAC, controls)
- Distributed energy resources
- Energy storage & emerging technologies
- Financing options
The Steering Committee includes Michael Waslin, senior engineer, environmental sustainability, Merck; Ryan Spies, director of energy, sustainability and stewardship at Saint-Gobain; Christine Knapp, director of the Office of Sustainability for the City of Philadelphia, Susan Lewis, PhD, LEED AP and sustainability project manager at Comcast, and Ken Cowan, vice president of ENGIE Solutions.
Attendance at Accelerate Philly is by invitation only and limited to qualified energy, sustainability, and facility management executives from the 11-county Greater Philadelphia Region, including commercial and industrial companies, city agencies and municipalities, higher education and school districts, and healthcare facilities. To learn more and request an invitation, visit Accelerate Philly.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness