Commercial, Industrial, Microgrids - November 13, 2019
The Affordable Microgrid: Securing Electric Reliability through Outsourcing
Microgrids are an integral part of any pre-emptive storm hardening or business resiliency planning. Universities, business parks, research institutions, manufacturers and hospitals are but a few examples of enterprises deeply dependent on reliable electricity that are now turning to microgrids to ensure their power stays on during a crisis—without excessive cost or hassle.
This report from Enchanted Rock compares the cost of power outages with the associated economic value of electric reliability. It explains the benefits of affordable microgrid services using natural gas as fuel and details how microgrids can leverage wholesale power markets during normal operations, enhancing their value proposition and strengthening the broader electric grid. These grid services also become increasingly important as the electric grid becomes more dependent on renewable energy to generate power. Real-world examples are provided of how microgrids performed in Texas during Hurricane Harvey, keeping the lights on in stores and service stations for both customers and first responders in an otherwise darkened landscape.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
- Meat producer inks energy management deal
- H-E-B installs backup power systems in Houston
- Resilience is becoming an absolute necessity
- White paper: Reinventing Electrical Resiliency - Power Failure and Your Business
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan