November 25, 2019
Cisco, BD, and Celanese execs to keynote 2020 Innovation Summit
Smart Energy Decisions announces three keynotes and the lineup of session topics for the 2020 Innovation Summit, set for March 9-11 at the Houstonian Hotel in Houston. The keynotes will be presented by senior energy and sustainability executives with global responsibility at three Fortune 500 companies: Cisco, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), and Celanese.
Innovation Summit programming includes a unique blend of customer keynote presentations, panel discussions, executive interviews, private boardroom briefings and one-to-one meetings with suppliers to help energy and sustainability executives learn from best practices, and discover solutions that will help their companies reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.
Andy Smith, senior manager, global energy management and sustainability, Cisco, will present, “Cisco’s Global Energy & Sustainability Journey.” Ranking 64th on the Fortune 500 with 450 facilities in over 90 countries, Cisco is one of the highest-profile tech companies in the world. Smith will detail how establishing emission reduction targets led to the development of a global energy and sustainability program that is the envy of the industry.
Bill Hoenigman, global category manager for energy, Becton, Dickinson and Company, will discuss the evolution of the global energy management program at the world's largest medical device manufacturer with detailed insights on the experience of integrating their $24B acquisition of C.R. Bard in 2017.
David Reid, global energy and productivity leader, Celanese, will discuss the evolution of their legendary energy management program with a focus on how they have continued to drive productivity gains by engaging team members throughout the organization in the journey.
“We’re proud to continue our tradition as the only industry event for corporate energy and sustainability managers featuring keynote presentations from their peers across different industry sectors," said John Failla, founder and editorial director, Smart Energy Decisions. "Working in partnership with our new director of education programs Peter Kelly-Detwiller, we look forward to the 2020 Innovation Summit educational program being the best ever”.
SED’s fourth annual Innovation Summit, themed “The Future of Energy Management” is designed and programmed with guidance from the Smart Energy Decisions advisory board to address forward-looking programs and strategies covering all aspects of the corporate energy management supply chain from procurement through demand management including:
- Distributed energy resources
- Innovation in renewable energy sourcing
- IoT and energy management
- EV infrastructure and the electrification of fleets
- Energy procurement trends and strategies
Attendance at the 2020 Innovation Summit is limited to qualified energy, sustainability, and facility management executives and supplier sponsors. To learn more about the event, visit the Innovation Summit website. Interested energy management and sustainability executives can submit an application to attend at this link and interested suppliers can submit an application here.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- GM's largest North America plant goes 100% solar-powered
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Facebook to power Ga. data center with solar
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey