Commercial, Solar - November 26, 2019
Royal Yacht Brokers embrace solar
Royal Yacht Brokers announced their new partnership with a line of eco-friendly, fully solar-powered luxury yachts, addressing environmental issues associated with the maritime industry.
The Monaco-based luxury yacht advisory company reached a deal with Australian producer Silent Yachts to distribute the first motor yacht fully operated by solar panels from its production shipyard in Italy. These eco-friendly yachts have the added advantage of eliminating the noise production associated with diesel engines, in addition to avoiding environmental damages.
“For a long time we have been looking to bring a change into this industry,” Tommasco Chiabra, CEO of Royal Yacht Brokers, said in a statement. “It is a contradiction to be sailing and seeing this beautiful natural paradise while ruining the environment at the same time.”
These Silent Yachts can cruise up to 100 miles a day without fuel and feed the electric propulsion of the boats and all its interior household energy needs from on-site solar panels, eliminating maritime fumes and reducing required maintenance. Additionally, the yachts feature light-weight lithium batteries to provide energy for the propulsion and household appliances with zero emissions.
The solar panels on the yachts come with a 25-year warranty, and the batteries come with an eight-year warranty.
Royal Yacht Brokers specializes in sales, charter and management and has representative offices in London, Dubai, Fort Lauderdale, Ibiza, St. Barths and Chicago with access to over 2,000 mega yachts worldwide.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- GM's largest North America plant goes 100% solar-powered
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Facebook to power Ga. data center with solar
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey