Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - January 29, 2020
AEP Energy inks 240 MW wind deal for Google and other Ohio customers
AEP Energy, a subsidiary of American Electric Power, announced Jan. 29 a 240 MW long-term PPA that will supply it with clean power from the Emerson Creek Wind farm in Erie and Huron Counties, Ohio, and service retail customers that include Google’s newest data center in New Albany.
The agreement, signed in partnership with Apex Clean Energy, is the largest PPA for a wind project serving load in the PJM market and will be used by AEP Energy to serve contracted loads within PJM. The Google data center in New Albany will also receive power from the wind farm through the utility, who will match the load with 100% renewable energy from new resources.
The Emerson Creek Wind farm is expected to be operational in late 2021 and is expected to generate approximately $40 million in landowner payments and $70 million in tax revenue for Ohio residents.
“This power purchase agreement with Apex enables us to provide our customers with an integrated, carbon-free energy supply that delivers long-term price stability and environmental benefits,” Greg Hall, president of AEP Energy, said in a statement. “Agreements like these demonstrate the innovative energy solutions we can put in place to help our customers power their homes and businesses with clean, cost-effective, reliable energy.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- 7-Eleven Plans 500 New EV Chargers for North American Stores
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Georgetown University Partnership Boosts Energy Efficiency, Sustainability Goals
- Netflix unveils 2022 net zero ambition
- Starbucks Commissions Community Solar Projects for New York State
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook