Energy Efficiency, Utilities - March 19, 2020
Utah legislature invests in EV charging network
The State of Utah may be investing $50 million into an electric vehicle charging infrastructure through a public-private partnership in a new bill that was introduced in the state legislature this week.
House Bill 396 would allow Utah to partner with Rocky Mountain Power and put the $50 million investment into an electrified highway across the entire state, particularly focusing on the Wasatch Front area.
Legislators hope the expansion of a statewide DC fast charger network will increase the purchase of electric vehicles in the state and encourage increased tourism in more rural areas.
“The Legislature is excited to announce efforts regarding electric vehicles and clean air legislation,” Utah Speaker of the House Brad Wilson said in a statement. “Studies show that our air is in fact getting cleaner, and we believe this piece of legislation will continue to move the needle in big ways. We find success when we are able to work collaboratively with partners. We could not fund a project of this scale alone on the state level. That is why we are thrilled to have this public-private partnership with Rocky Mountain Power leading this important effort.”
Rocky Mountain Power intends to fund the project on their end using redirected funds from expiring projects. The utility has previously installed 50 DC fast chargers in Utah along I-15 and 1,036 Level II chargers in workplace parking.
- Intermountain Healthcare Inks Deal for 55,000 MWh of Solar Energy
- Facebook inks PPA with Utah solar
- Utah Inland Port Authority plans energy overhaul alongside utility
- Utah communities enroll in clean power program
- Facebook signs green tariff for Utah data center
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers