Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - April 30, 2020
Pfizer installs EV charging at Pearl River office
Pfizer now offers employees and guests at their Pearl River, N.Y., office access to off-grid, solar-powered electric vehicle charging stations in its parking lot.
The pharmaceutical giant deployed Envision Solar International’s EV ARC charging infrastructure equipped with three Enel Level II chargers, each of which can charge three electric vehicles at once.
“Workplace charging is, after government fleet vehicle charging, our largest source of revenue,” Desmond Wheatley, CEO of Envision Solar, said in a statement. “As we see the fantastic array of new EVs coming to market in 2020 and beyond we anticipate a significant increase in the need for workplace charging as more employees transition from gas or diesel to electric. They give up nothing by making the switch, and when they work for visionary organizations like Pfizer, and our other corporate customers, they get to drive on sunshine, often for free.”
The EV ARC systems don’t require any construction for installation, which saved Pfizer on construction and electrical costs. The chargers will be powered by 100% solar energy from in-unit solar panels.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan