Sourcing Renewables - May 29, 2020
Pasadena completes largest EV fast-charging lot in U.S.
The City of Pasadena, Calif., awarded a contract to an electric vehicle fast-charger producer to install 20 DC fast chargers at the Marengo Charging Plaza, making it the largest public-access DC fast charging location in the U.S.
In addition to previously installed Tesla fast chargers, the rooftop charging lot will now house 44 DC fast-charging stations. Pasadena Water and Power (PWP), the community-owned nonprofit utility that manages and owns the stations, is on track to have a 50% green portfolio by 2030.
"We believe that Fast-Charging facilities like the Marengo Charging Plaza provide Pasadena residents and commuters with the confidence they need to drive electric," Marvin Moon, PWP Assistant General Manager, said in a statement. "We appreciate Tritium's staff for the support they have given PWP both during and after construction to help ensure a great customer experience."
Until May 31, the chargers will be available for free for drivers who pay to park in the garage. After that, customers will pay for the service, which takes on average 30 minutes to complete an 80% charge.
The fast-charging hub is part of PWP’s Power UP Pasadena initiative, which offers residents up to $750 in rebates for new or used, purchase or leased EVs, and up to $600 in rebates for the installation of EV charging infrastructure.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers