Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - September 2, 2020
DaVita and Zimmer Biomet ink PPA with Texas solar farm
DaVita and Zimmer Biomet Holdings signed PPAs with a 331 MW solar project in Andrews County, Texas, that is expected to come online in the second quarter of 2021.
The Prospero 2 Solar Project is owned and managed by Longroad Energy Holdings and will cover more than 2,500 acres. The healthcare company DaVita anticipates the two virtual PPAs they now have with Longroad will generate the amount of electricity they use in their North American operations.
“DaVita is committed to using 100% renewable energy and our PPA with Longroad’s Prospero 2 project will help make this happen,” Peter Berkowitz, DaVita’s Vice President of Real Estate and Center Development, said in a statement. “Our previous PPA with Longroad helped us reach the halfway mark on our goal, and we expect that Prospero 2’s completion will carry us across the finish line.”
U.S. Bank is the sole tax equity investor in the project and CIT led the construction and term lending group as the Coordinating Lead Arranger.
Prospero 2 will be located adjacent to Longroad’s Prospero 1 project, which began commercial operation recently.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill, Ardent Mills complete agreement with Texas solar farm
- Google issues largest corporate sustainability bond
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution
- How to Engage Your Supply Chain in Sustainability
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 1: Immediate Steps For C&I Facilities
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects