Commercial, Solar - September 9, 2020
Facebook inks PPA with Utah solar
Facebook completed Sept. 9 a PPA for two Utah solar projects totaling 155 MW that will support the company’s Eagle Mountain Data Center.
The social media company signed the agreement with D.E. Shaw Renewables, who own and develop both projects, and Rocky Mountain Power, a division of PacifiCorp. The first project, Rocket Solar, has a capacity of 80 MW and the second, Horseshoe Solar, has a capacity of 75 MW.
Both projects are expected to begin providing renewable energy to Facebook in 2022.
"We're very proud to partner with DESRI to help meet the renewable energy needs of Facebook," Ryan McGraw, Vice President of Project Development at PacifiCorp., said in a statement. "These projects represent important economic investments in rural Utah which will significantly increase the amount of solar energy produced by the state."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: CA Scored Highest For Efficiency; How Wind Power Can Benefit Shipping Emissions
- Weekend Reads: USPS Goes Electric; The RE Revolution in America's Heartland