Commercial, Solar - September 9, 2020
Facebook inks PPA with Utah solar
Facebook completed Sept. 9 a PPA for two Utah solar projects totaling 155 MW that will support the company’s Eagle Mountain Data Center.
The social media company signed the agreement with D.E. Shaw Renewables, who own and develop both projects, and Rocky Mountain Power, a division of PacifiCorp. The first project, Rocket Solar, has a capacity of 80 MW and the second, Horseshoe Solar, has a capacity of 75 MW.
Both projects are expected to begin providing renewable energy to Facebook in 2022.
"We're very proud to partner with DESRI to help meet the renewable energy needs of Facebook," Ryan McGraw, Vice President of Project Development at PacifiCorp., said in a statement. "These projects represent important economic investments in rural Utah which will significantly increase the amount of solar energy produced by the state."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products