Energy Efficiency, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - February 15, 2021
Bromley Mountain Ski Resort furthers sustainability plans with solar array
Bromley Mountain Ski Resort in Vermont announced on Feb. 11 that it plans to add a 615-kW solar project. The resort has implemented several sustainability initiatives over the last two decades, including energy efficiency upgrades to its buildings and snowmaking activities. The new project will generate clean, locally generated solar power and help Bromley reach its sustainability goals.
Encore Renewable Energy will develop the project, while Sunwealth will own and operate the system. The arrangement will allow Bromley Mountain Resort to secure the social, environmental and economic benefits of attaining significant portions of their electrical demand from clean, renewable resources with zero money out of pocket.
“This partnership with Encore will allow the Sun Mountain to fully live up to its name with a new solar array. In addition to advancing our investment in sustainability, it also comes with the added benefit of reducing our carbon footprint,” Bill Cairns, president/GM of Bromley Moment Resort, said in a statement.
Construction will begin on the project this winter and the project is expected to be completed before summer 2021.
Bromley Mountain is no stranger to sustainability and has long been a leader when it comes to green power in the Green Mountains with its strong commitment to energy conservation. Since 2000, Bromley has adopted almost every available energy efficiency technology in snowmaking. It continues to implement energy efficiency measures which recently included an upgraded snowmaking pump-house system with new, state-of-the-art Variable Frequency Drive motors.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness