GHG Emissions, Industrial - April 7, 2021
Novelis Announces Sustainability and Net-Zero Carbon Goals
Novelis Inc., an Atlanta-based aluminum rolling and recycling company, announced its goal to become a net carbon-neutral company by 2050 or sooner and reduce its carbon footprint by 30 % by 2026. The company already had a longstanding sustainability commitment and now commits to becoming a fully circular business with a more diverse, inclusive, and safe workplace.
The Novelis environmental targets commit to:
- Net carbon-neutrality by 2050
- 30% reduction in CO2 by 2026
- 20% reduction in waste to landfills by 2026
- 10% reduction in energy intensity by 2026
- 10% reduction in water consumption by 2026
"Our ambition is to be the world's leading provider of low-carbon, sustainable aluminum solutions that advance our business, industry, and society toward the benefits of a circular economy," Steve Fisher, President and Chief Executive Officer, Novelis Inc., said in a statement. "As the world's largest recycler of aluminum, sustainability has been paramount to our business and these new commitments will further ensure the health and well-being of the environment, the safety of our people, and the long-term success of the communities in which we live and work."
Novelis is committed to increasing the representation of women in the company to 30% in senior leadership positions and 15% in senior technical roles by 2024. To achieve the goals, the company has established a global Diversity & Inclusion board, as well as supporting councils in each of its four regions. The company will also continue assisting its Employee Resource Groups to help create a more inclusive environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and different backgrounds and perspectives are embraced and valued.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- 7-Eleven Plans 500 New EV Chargers for North American Stores
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Georgetown University Partnership Boosts Energy Efficiency, Sustainability Goals
- Netflix unveils 2022 net zero ambition
- Starbucks Commissions Community Solar Projects for New York State
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook
- Facebook's U.S. Renewable Energy Impact Study
- Understanding Renewable Energy Agreements
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 Emissions: What to Address First in Your GHG Reduction Journey
- How Demand Side Management Can Help Your Organization Achieve its Carbon-Reduction Goals