Industrial, Solar - July 2, 2021
AEW Plans Rooftop Solar Array on Managed Industrial Facility
Real estate investment company AEW announced June 29 the completion of a 2.6 million kWh rooftop solar array that will provide electricity to the surrounding area.
The system was completed through a partnership between AEW, Black Bear Energy and Summit Ridge Energy and installed on the rooftop of an AEW-managed industrial facility. The array will provide energy to the local utility, Baltimore Gas & Electric Company, through the Maryland Community Solar program.
“AEW has been steadfast in our commitment to make a positive, long-lasting impact and continue our focus on ESG+R principles,” Anne Peck, head of architecture and engineering at AEW, said in a statement. “These projects reflect that commitment. We are proud to host this solar array that will bring more renewable energy to Maryland and we look forward to implementing additional renewable energy projects in the future.”
The solar array is expected to begin commercial operation in July 2021.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Weekend Reads: Decarbonization's Challenge for Utilities; Recharging EVs on the Road
- University of New Orleans Partners to Improve Campus Infrastructure
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- SED's 2023 Net Zero Forum/Spring Wrap-Up