Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - September 2, 2021
Caterpillar to Expand Hydrogen-Powered Equipment Portfolio
Caterpillar announced Sept. 1 a new line of Cat generator sets that will be able to operate on 100% renewable green hydrogen.
The systems will run on any hydrogen power, but the capacity for fully renewable green hydrogen as well is a new step for the construction equipment manufacturer.
The generators will be available on a designed-to-order basis beginning in late 2021. More commercially available power generators that operate on a blend with up to 25% hydrogen will be available more immediately.
The company previously launched a portfolio of gas turbine generator sets that run on high hydrogen blends, including up to 100%.
“At Caterpillar, we are working alongside our customers to understand their needs, and they are looking for reliable power sources that support their climate-related goals,” Joe Creed, Caterpillar group president of energy and transportation, said in a statement. “Our continued investment in new products, technologies and services is one way we’re supporting them with the quality solutions they’ve come to count on from Caterpillar.”
- Microsoft To Use Hydrogen Fuel Cells for Data Centers
- Rio Tinto and Caterpillar Develop Zero-Emission Mining Work Truck
- Chevron and Caterpillar Test Transportation-Sector Hydrogen Use
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers