Commercial, Energy Efficiency - September 30, 2021
Cincinnati Bengals Stadium Completes LED Lighting Retrofit
The Cincinnati Bengals Paul Brown Stadium recently completed the newest phase of an energy efficiency overhaul project, including an LED lighting retrofit that could save more than $60,000 in annual electricity costs.
The upgrades were carried out by Ameresco and included the replacement of over 500 stadium lights and further installation of 300 14-Watt LED lights. The installation included a new lighting control and monitoring system.
The fixtures are covered under a 20-year comprehensive parts and labor warranty for future lamp and ballast replacements.
This round of lighting upgrades was the seventh phase of work between Ameresco and Hamilton County, which has included energy and smart technology upgrades to nearly all county facilities.
“We have been working with Ameresco since the start of 2014 and are continuously looking to find ways to incorporate more sustainable solutions into the County’s infrastructure,'' Joe Feldkamp, director of Stadia and Parking at Hamilton County, said in a statement. “With the addition of these new measures, we can rest assured that we’re implementing upgrades that enable higher-quality lighting, while also creating additional energy savings for the stadium and taxpayers of Hamilton County.”
- Fort Detrick Base Adds BESS
- Hickam AFB Updates With Clean Energy Project
- Chicago Streetlight Conversion Project Completed
- Prince Edward Island Energy Adds Solar Project
- Merthyr Tydfil Council in UK Add Energy Conservation Project
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Smart Energy Decisions Expands Advisory Board
- Weekend Reads: The Payoff of Kauai's Renewables Transition; How States Can Prepare for the EV Boom
- Microsoft Updates Sustainability Goals
- Weekend Reads: The Barrier to Texas's Renewables Transition; Rebranding Bitcoin as Eco-Friendly