Sourcing Renewables - October 11, 2021
Midwest States Team Up on EV Infrastructure Network
Governors from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin recently announced the launch of a regional initiative to create an electric vehicle charging network across the Midwest and collaborate on encouraging the EV transition.
The governors signed the Regional Electric Vehicle for the Midwest Memorandum of Understanding (REV Midwest MOU). The agreement is based on individual states providing the foundation for fleet electrification in key commercial corridors and ensuring the Midwest region stays competitive for new private investment and federal funding for such projects.
“As the Crossroads of America, transportation plays a vital role in Indiana’s economic success and continued growth,” Indiana Gov. Eric J. Holcomb said in a statement. “I’m proud to partner with our neighboring states to put the Midwest region on the leading edge of providing the charging infrastructure needed to futureproof our transportation network and meet the demand as rapid adoption of electric vehicles continues.”
The group of states will focus on increasing their share of electric vehicle production and promoting clean energy and mobility manufacturing. A key part of the initiative will include the support of increased charging infrastructure across the region to remove barriers to medium- and heavy-duty electric trucks. The network will initially focus on interstate and regional commercial coordinators for the creation of publicly accessible charging.
- New PPAs convert GM Ohio, Indiana facilities to wind
- Navy celebrates completion of 17 MW solar project
- Duke Energy, citing commitment to clean energy, plans upgrades to Indiana hydro facility
- Duke Energy to invest more than $1B in Indiana grid modernization
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation