Solar, Sourcing Renewables - January 4, 2022
Brunswick Signs VPPA for Solar Energy
Brunswick entered into a virtual power purchase agreement (VPPA) with Vesper Energy to offset a majority of the electrical power needs of Brunswick’s global operations through solar energy from Vesper’s 500 MW Hornet Solar project in Texas.
Under the multi-year agreement, Vesper, a developer, owner, and operator of utility-scale renewable energy assets, will deliver an estimated 57 MW of renewable energy annually to the North American grid. The Hornet Solar project is estimated to be fully operational by the end of 2023.
“We are proud to take the next step toward reducing our carbon footprint by entering into a contract with Vesper,” said Dave Foulkes, Brunswick CEO in a statement. “We understand the impact our businesses and products have on the environment and supporting the addition of more clean power to the grid is an excellent opportunity for us to continue leading the way in sustainable, responsible business practices.”
The commitment will diversify Brunswick’s renewable energy portfolio, which also includes on-site solar power systems at the company’s Mercury Marine headquarters in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, and European headquarters in Petit-Rechain, Belgium. Brunswick is a manufacturer of outboard engines and parts and accessories including propellers.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness