GHG Emissions - February 3, 2022
JetBlue and Salesforce Launch Sustainable Travel Program
JetBlue and Salesforce announced a new partnership that will leverage travel data and technology. The program will include several options to help corporate travel customers reduce their business travel emissions and meet corporate sustainability targets.
The airline is the first one to leverage Salesforce Net Zero Cloud to gain comprehensive insights into its emissions on the path to achieve net zero across its full value chain. Salesforce has joined JetBlue’s Sustainable Travel Partners program as an inaugural customer. Salesforce will also help compensate for its business travel emissions through the purchase of sustainable aviation fuel certificates from JetBlue. Following the implementation of Net Zero Cloud, JetBlue will make travel emissions data available to the airline’s sustainable travel partners so they can track, analyze and report reliable environmental data and take actions to achieve carbon neutrality.
“Accessing real-time, granular, and insightful emissions data has historically been a pain point as we track and work toward our decarbonization targets,” said Sara Bogdan, Director Of Sustainability And Environmental Social Governance, Jetblue in a statement. “We are excited by the prospect of quickly compiling accurate and up-to-date emissions data in an easy-to-use format through the use of Net Zero Cloud.”
JetBlue has a previously announced 2040 net zero target.
Salesforce has set a goal of maintaining employee business travel emissions intensity below 50% of its FY20 baseline. The company, along with other inaugural customers, worked toward this goal by sourcing 325,000 gallons of sustainable aviation fuel in 2021.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward