Distributed Energy Resources - February 4, 2022
UBER Gives EV Drivers Access to Charging Package
UBER, a mobility platform, and Wallbox N.V. , a provider of EV charging and energy management solutions, are expanding their partnership nationwide following the pilot program to give drivers a discounted EV charging package.
The partnership provides Uber drivers across the U.S. a discounted package for a Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger, installation and the option to finance it.
The initial partnership was started in the Bay area in California in October 2021. This project will now be rolled out in four key groups, and will reach nationwide coverage by April 2022. The two companies are actively discussing a potential global roll-out program beginning in Europe and Canada.
The roll-out is expected to follow four phases; the first covering Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle in January, the second covering Phoenix, New York and Boston in February, the third covering the Midwest and Southeast in March, and the final phase covering the rest of the U.S. excluding Alaska in April.
“Helping drivers go electric is a crucial part of our plan to get to zero-emissions by 2030 in the U.S.,” said Andrew Macdonald, Uber’s Senior Vice President of Mobility and Business Operations in a statement. “This partnership with Wallbox helps drivers by making it more affordable and accessible to charge their EVs, and we’re excited to give more drivers the chance to take advantage of it.”
The partnership is being supported by an Uber program that makes drivers of EVs eligible for a Zero Emissions incentive, so they can earn an extra $1 on every Uber trip (up to $4,000 annually).
The partnership is part of Uber’s continued commitment to becoming a zero emission platform in the U.S. and Canada by 2030.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward