Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - May 20, 2022
C.H. Robinson Updates Emission Progress
Global logistics company C.H. Robinson reduced Scope 1 and 2 emissions intensity by 36% against a goal of 40% by 2025, putting the company at 90% to completion and on track to meet the goal prior to 2025.
The company reported Scope 3 value-chain emissions for the first time as a part of an industry-leading commitment to transparency across its value chain, launched an end-to-end sustainability solution in the form of a technology tool, Emissions IQTM, for customers to report, reduce and offset Scope 3 emissions associated with their transportation supply chain.
C.H. Robinson also supported the advancement of global climate efforts through our partnership with Smart Freight Centre, World Economic Forum and leading companies to develop a book and claim chain of custody system for transportation supply chain emissions-reduction actions and continued to align disclosures with international frameworks to ensure accurate and consistent reporting. Details were provided in the company’s 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report.
“As supply chains have become front-and-center to our lives, C.H. Robinson’s role in connecting people to the goods they need, when they need them most, was more apparent than ever,” said Chief ESG and Human Resources Officer Angie Freeman in a statement. “We are committed to leveraging our people, technology and information to create resilient and efficient supply chains for our customers to keep the world moving. More importantly, we ensure we are doing that in the RIGHT way – grounded in our values and working to make a positive impact on our stakeholders around the world.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward