Energy Efficiency - June 22, 2022
Balt. City Schools Finish Phase 1 of Efficiency Project
The Baltimore City Public Schools (City Schools) finished its first phase of a $3.5 million energy conservation project in May and a timeline for the second phase is being discussed.
Ameresco provided facility lighting upgrades and enhancements to improve the energy efficiency of 15 school buildings within City Schools. Construction began in November 2021 and reached completion in May 2022. A second phase of energy efficiency upgrades will be discussed between Ameresco and City Schools in the coming months.
The project consisted of replacing existing interior and exterior lighting with LED lighting that are more energy efficient and need less maintenance. The project is estimated to earn City Schools a $500,000 rebate from BGE, the local utility and save over $400,000 annually in lower electricity costs. The 15 schools include elementary, middle, and high schools located throughout Baltimore City.
“Partnering with Ameresco on this project has provided the improvements we needed. Their support and expertise helped us navigate this important project smoothly and without disturbing student learning,” said Dr. Lynette Washington, Chief Operating Officer of Baltimore City Public Schools, in a statement. “From the initial investment grade audit to the completion of this first phase of work, Ameresco has helped us generate energy savings and provide enhanced learning environments for our students.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness