Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - June 23, 2022
Prudential Financial Sets 2050 Goal
Prudential Financial, Inc. announced its intention to achieve net zero emissions across primary domestic and international home office operations by 2050 with an interim goal to become carbon neutral by 2040.
The insurance company introduced restrictions on new direct investments in companies that derive a material portion of their revenues from thermal coal and appointed a global head of ESG, responsible for shaping and coordinating the ESG strategy and approach across its operations.
Details were provided in Prudential’s 2021 ESG Report.
“In 2021, we reinforced our efforts to drive sustainability with significant enhancements to our ESG practices,” said Charles Lowrey, Chairman and CEO of Prudential, in a statement. “As a global insurer and investment manager, we recognize the urgent need to play our part in addressing issues facing society. Sustainability will remain integral to our ability to fulfill our purpose, achieve our Vision and Strategy, and deliver on our long-term promises to our customers and other stakeholders.”
The ESG Report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative Standards Core option, in support of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and in accordance with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s provisional guidelines for insurance companies.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness