Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources - July 15, 2022
GM, Pilot Co. to Build EV Charging Network
GM and Pilot Company (Pilot and Flying J) are collaborating on a national DC fast charging network.
This project of 2,000 charging stalls, co-branded "Pilot Flying J" and "Ultium Charge 360," will be powered by EVgo eXtend and open to all EV brands at up to 500 Pilot and Flying J travel centers. This collaboration is targeting the installation of charging stalls at 50-mile intervals across the U.S.
GM customers will receive discounts on charging, a streamlined charging process through Plug and Charge and integration into GM's vehicle brand apps providing real-time charger availability and help with route planning.
The Pilot and Flying J travel centers plan to feature numerous fast charging stalls provided by EVgo, including high-power fast chargers capable of offering up to 350 kW1.
"We are committed to an all-electric, zero-emissions future, and ensuring that the right charging infrastructure is in place is a key piece of the puzzle," said Mary Barra, GM CEO in a statement. "With travel centers across North America, Pilot Company is an ideal collaborator to reach a broad audience of EV drivers."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- SED's Net Zero Forum Wrap-Up
- General Motors, 24/7 Carbon-Free Matching, and Community Solar Added to REF Agenda
- Weekend Reads: How to Limit the Cost of the Energy Transition; The Trouble with NYC EV Charging
- Saint-Gobain Signs PPA for 145 Sites