Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - November 21, 2022
Vail Resorts Meet 100% Renewable Electricity Goal
Vail Resorts reached 100% renewable electricity across its North American mountain resorts, and 96% worldwide. The company also announced it is ahead of schedule to meet its emissions goals and is on track to reach zero waste to landfill and zero net operating impact on forests and habitat.
These results were reported as part of the company’s fifth annual Progress report outlining progress made towards the goal of reaching a net zero operating footprint by 2030.
"It is because of the passionate work of our team that we are able to share these results. We have set bold goals and commitments and continue to deliver on promises we have made to our environment and our communities," said Kirsten Lynch, CEO of Vail Resorts upon release of the report. "Climate change requires all of us working together to mitigate the challenges facing not just our industry, but our planet – and we remain dedicated to doing our part as responsible stewards of the great outdoors and committed partners to our communities. I am so proud of our team for staying focused and on track as we continue to make progress towards a zero net operating footprint," Lynch continued.
The report also noted that in In 2022, it made its most significant single-year capital investment in energy efficiency projects, totaling $3.6 million.
Vail Resorts operates a network of ski resorts including Vail Mountain, Breckenridge, Park City Mountain, Whistler Blackcomb, Stowe, and 32 additional resorts across North America; Andermatt-Sedrun in Switzerland; and Perisher, Hotham, and Falls Creek in Australia.
- Ski Industry Leaders Join Together on Climate Initiatives
- Vail Resorts to achieve 93% renewable electricity by 2023
- Vail Resorts to cover 90% of electricity with new wind farm
- Vail Resorts commits to zero
- Vail Resorts targets zero net emissions, 100% RE
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- SED's Net Zero Forum Wrap-Up
- General Motors, 24/7 Carbon-Free Matching, and Community Solar Added to REF Agenda
- Weekend Reads: How to Limit the Cost of the Energy Transition; The Trouble with NYC EV Charging
- Saint-Gobain Signs PPA for 145 Sites