Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - February 16, 2023
Sealed Air Sets 2040 Goals
Sealed Air is developing a strategy to manage and reduce the GHG emissions associated with its operations and is building a technical roadmap to transition to net-zero carbon dioxide emissions by 2040.
The packaging company plans to reach net-zero carbon dioxide emissions by 2040 across its operations (Scopes 1 and 2), according to a statement.
In 2021, the company generated 146,113 tons of CO2eq global Scope 1 CO2 emissions and generated 285,848 tons of CO2eq global Scope 2 CO2 emissions.
The company commits to reduce Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions 46% by 2030 from a 2019 base year and commits to reducing absolute Scope 3 GHG emissions from purchased goods and services as well as use of sold products 15% within the same timeframe.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products