Commercial, Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Commercial, Distributed Generation, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - February 23, 2016
Intel completes nation's largest corporate solar carport
Tech giant Intel recently announced the completion of a 6.5-MW solar carport at its Folsom, Calif., campus. SolarCity installed the system in three phases. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association, it is the country’s largest solar carport.
Including this latest installation, Intel’s campus now boasts total solar output of 8.7 MW, which at peak capacity generates more than 50% of the facility’s energy usage.
"In addition to powering the equivalent of nearly 1,000 homes for a year, the new panels will provide shade for an additional 2,500 employee parking spaces and an additional 16 electric vehicle charging stations,” Intel spokeswoman Grace Davis told the Sacramento Bee.
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?