Distributed Generation, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - October 24, 2016
Digital Realty signs agreement for Texas wind power
Digital Realty, a global provider of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, has signed a long-term power purchase agreement for electricity generated from a Texas wind project.
The company has agreed to purchase 400,000 MWh of the power produced at a 200-MW Colbeck's Corner wind farm under development by a unit of E.ON SE in the Texas Panhandle. Johnson & Johnson previously announced that it inked a 12-year power purchase agreement for 100 MW of the facility's power.
partner, and was recognized by the EPA earlier this year for its commitment to cutting greenhouse gas emissions.; the company is also a U.S. Department of Energy Better Buildings Challenge
E.ON announced the news about Digital Realty in an Oct. 20 business update; it also said it started construction of its 278-MW Radford's Run Wind Farm in Macon County, Ill. Radford's Run is expected to be the second largest wind farm in Illinois and the third project E.ON is accomplishing in the state.
- Finding Balance: The Yin and Yang of Sustainable Energy Management
- Driving Resiliency Through Your Organization's Energy Infrastructure
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 2: Long-Term Decarbonization Strategies
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution