Distributed Generation, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - October 24, 2016
Digital Realty signs agreement for Texas wind power
Digital Realty, a global provider of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, has signed a long-term power purchase agreement for electricity generated from a Texas wind project.
The company has agreed to purchase 400,000 MWh of the power produced at a 200-MW Colbeck's Corner wind farm under development by a unit of E.ON SE in the Texas Panhandle. Johnson & Johnson previously announced that it inked a 12-year power purchase agreement for 100 MW of the facility's power.
partner, and was recognized by the EPA earlier this year for its commitment to cutting greenhouse gas emissions.; the company is also a U.S. Department of Energy Better Buildings Challenge
E.ON announced the news about Digital Realty in an Oct. 20 business update; it also said it started construction of its 278-MW Radford's Run Wind Farm in Macon County, Ill. Radford's Run is expected to be the second largest wind farm in Illinois and the third project E.ON is accomplishing in the state.
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers