Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - November 15, 2017
Report: General Motors' blueprint for accelerating and scaling corporate renewables
This paper published by General Motors Co. summarizes the auto giant's blueprint for accelerating and scaling a renewable energy plan; it is intended to help companies of all sizes and industries create efficiencies, gain internal support and drive progress.
Topics detailed include:
- Practical tactics to help gain companywide support
- Tips to determine the best renewable energy mix
- Best practices to scale efforts and reach goals faster
- Resources for further learning and engagement; and
- Trends and future outlook for corporate renewable energy use.
GM pledged to meet its electricity needs at all of its global operations with renewable energy — such as wind, sun and landfill gas — by 2050. By the end of 2018, it will surpass the 20% mark. The commitment represents all the facilities where the company pays utility bills, which includes both manufacturing and nonmanufacturing buildings leased or owned by GM.
- GM names global facilities, environmental VP
- RESF day two: How GM aligned its energy, finance teams toward 100% renewables & more from Florida
- GM banks $2.6M in utility rebates for energy upgrades
- General Motors calls for greater access to wind and solar power
- GM reveals plans for all-electric, zero-emissions future
Interested in our 2018 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum? Check out highlights from the 2017 event in the video below.