Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - November 15, 2017
Report: General Motors' blueprint for accelerating and scaling corporate renewables
This paper published by General Motors Co. summarizes the auto giant's blueprint for accelerating and scaling a renewable energy plan; it is intended to help companies of all sizes and industries create efficiencies, gain internal support and drive progress.
Topics detailed include:
- Practical tactics to help gain companywide support
- Tips to determine the best renewable energy mix
- Best practices to scale efforts and reach goals faster
- Resources for further learning and engagement; and
- Trends and future outlook for corporate renewable energy use.
GM pledged to meet its electricity needs at all of its global operations with renewable energy — such as wind, sun and landfill gas — by 2050. By the end of 2018, it will surpass the 20% mark. The commitment represents all the facilities where the company pays utility bills, which includes both manufacturing and nonmanufacturing buildings leased or owned by GM.
3 emerging trends uncovered during ENGIE Insight’s Coast to Coast Sustainability Tour.
- RESF Fall Presentation: Kingspan - Our 2020 Vision
- RESF Fall presentation: Kohler's journey in RE sourcing
- White Paper: The Case for Outsourcing Energy Systems: Velocity, Vector and Virtualization
- RESF Fall Presentation: Starbucks' Portfolio Approach to RE Strategy & Execution
- Webinar replay: Trends in Community Solar w/an Update on Illinois