Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - November 15, 2017
Report: General Motors' blueprint for accelerating and scaling corporate renewables
This paper published by General Motors Co. summarizes the auto giant's blueprint for accelerating and scaling a renewable energy plan; it is intended to help companies of all sizes and industries create efficiencies, gain internal support and drive progress.
Topics detailed include:
- Practical tactics to help gain companywide support
- Tips to determine the best renewable energy mix
- Best practices to scale efforts and reach goals faster
- Resources for further learning and engagement; and
- Trends and future outlook for corporate renewable energy use.
GM pledged to meet its electricity needs at all of its global operations with renewable energy — such as wind, sun and landfill gas — by 2050. By the end of 2018, it will surpass the 20% mark. The commitment represents all the facilities where the company pays utility bills, which includes both manufacturing and nonmanufacturing buildings leased or owned by GM.
Interested in our 2018 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum? Check out highlights from the 2017 event in the video below.