Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - July 11, 2018
SED launches Supply Chain Initiative
Walmart has become the first member of the Smart Energy Decisions’ Supply Chain Initiative. Developed as an extension of SED’s Renewable Energy Sourcing Initiative, this new program is designed to help early adopters of renewable energy engage with their supply chains while helping their suppliers by delivering renewable energy sourcing education, peer-to-peer networking, and connections to renewable energy suppliers.
“While early adopters of renewable energy are well down the road with RE purchases for their own accounts, some are expressing the need to engage their supply chains in the interest of reducing their Scope 3 emissions,” explained John Failla, founder and editorial director of Smart Energy Decisions, adding, “Their supply chains, in turn, need education, mentoring, connections and confidence, which the Supply Chain Initiative is designed to provide.”
In concert with Walmart’s charter membership in the Supply Chain Initiative, Joby Carlson, Walmart's global director of sustainable energy and operations, and Steve W. Chriss, director, energy and strategy analysis will join Smart Energy Decisions to present a webinar today at 2:00 PM EST on “Walmart’s Project Gigaton – Driving renewable energy sourcing in the supply chain.”
Walmart's Project Gigaton is a bold global initiative with the objective to engage its suppliers in targeting the elimination of 1 gigaton of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 from operations and supply chain activities. Carlson and Chriss will provide an overview of Project Gigaton and share specific insights on the energy pillar of the Project.
To register for today’s webinar, click here.
The webinar will also provide an overview of how SED’s Supply Chain Initiative will be a part of the upcoming Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum taking place, October 1-3 in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. SED previously announced that executives from Starbucks, Intuit, and Kingspan will be featured keynote speakers at this event.
The RE Sourcing Forum is an invitation-only event open to qualified corporate buyers of renewable energy at large electric power users. In addition, a limited number of supplier sponsorships are available to suppliers and service providers with a proven track record.
- Infographic: Walmart's Project Gigaton in China
- Webinar: Walmart's Project Gigaton - Driving RE in the supply chain
- Walmart brings Project Gigaton to China
- Walmart reports Project Gigaton progress, offers emissions calculator
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- White paper: Demand-Side Energy Management in the U.S. Manufacturing Industrial Sector
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building