Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Solar - August 3, 2018
Infographic: Energy efficiency inside Yum! buildings
Yum! Brands 2017 Global Citizenship & Sustainability Report recorded the company's 22% energy reduction compared to a 2005 baseline, saving an estimated 4.3 billion MWh of electricity. Company efforts included 40,000 energy- and water-saving technologies implemented in 2017 alone.
With more than 45,000 locations, the report notes that "restaurants are energy-intensive and open long hours, which makes energy efficiency a key part of our sustainable restaurant design. Yum! Brands shows how programs for exhaust hoods, lighting, pizza ovens, solar energy, smart devices, and smaller footprints all add up to energy efficiency at their restaurant locations around the world.
To view details on Yum! Brands' programs, click here:
“Today’s Leaders. Tomorrow’s Heroes.”
Jana Ganion, Blue Lake Rancheria
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World