Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - August 6, 2019
RE Sourcing Forum: Final agenda set
Smart Energy Decisions announced the final agenda for the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum with the addition of a high-powered panel on international RE sourcing and presentations from Mondelez International and Sprint. The Forum will take place September 16-18 at the Ponte Vedra Beach Club & Inn, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
“Going global with RE sourcing” will feature Ryan Spies, director of sustainability, energy & stewardship, Saint-Gobain; Rob Threlkeld, global renewable, regulatory and commodity supply manager, General Motors, and Todd Wheeler, global energy & sustainability management, Cisco Systems.
“Look who switched to renewables: Sprint’s journey to lower emissions” will feature Amy Bond, the company’s energy and sustainability program manager. “Pathways to achieving global emission reduction targets: Mondelez International’s journey” will join Erika Vasconcellos, global environmental manager, Mondelez International in conversation with Sarah Penndorf, director, Energy & Climate Practice, 3Degrees.
Now in its third year, the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum is a proven platform providing renewable energy buyers with information, connections, and solutions necessary to create and execute a successful renewable energy sourcing strategy. An exclusive element of the Forum will be one-to-one meetings between renewable energy buyers and leading industry suppliers.
Other sessions in the corporate buyer-focused agenda include:
- “Using analytics to mold your RE sourcing strategy” presented by Edison Energy
- An executive interview on “The evolution of renewable energy sourcing” with Sayun Sukduang, president and CEO, ENGIE Resources
- Cargill’s Eric Hoegger, director of global renewable energy on “Creating a global RE sourcing strategy"
- "Moving beyond VPPAs" with Ben Chadwick, executive director of renewables origination, Constellation Energy
- Bank of America’s Beth Wytiaz SVP, global environmental operations manager, on their “Innovative onsite solar initiative”
- “Solar-plus-storage: Key drivers and considerations for execution,” presented by SunPower
- "Cities driving RE sourcing: two approaches," with Nick Brown, city energy manager, City of Phoenix and Emily Schapira, executive director, Philadelphia Energy Authority
- “Navigating the key risk factors of VPPAs” with Brad Christensen, managing director of risk management products, Calpine Energy Solutions
- "Opportunities in renewable energy sourcing," presented by Schneider Electric
New pre-forum sessions include “Peer2Peer Masterminds,” a session for buyers only, offering an opportunity for networking, mentor match-ups, and addressing key issues identified by corporate buyers. “Market Intelligence for Suppliers,” a suppliers-only session, will feature a presentation of data and trends by Kyle Harrison, analyst, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), as well as exclusive data from a survey of RE Sourcing Forum buyer attendees.
Previously announced pre-forum workshops include "Getting started in renewable energy sourcing," presented by Schneider Electric, and “Advanced topics in renewable energy sourcing," presented by Kyle Harrison of BNEF and sponsored by Calpine Energy Solutions.
Before the Forum opens on Monday, a golf outing is planning for Sunday afternoon on the Lagoon Course at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club.
A stellar line-up of industry leaders are committed as sponsors of Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum led by Edison Energy as presenting sponsor; REC Solar, 3Degrees, Constellation, ENGIE, Schneider Electric, SunPower, and Calpine Energy Solutions as platinum sponsors; NRG Energy, EDF Renewables, APEX Clean Energy, Direct Energy, Enel Green Power, Recurrent, LevelTen Energy, NextEra Energy, Avangrid Renewables, Shell, Enel X, 8minute Solar Energy, TXU Energy and Dynergy, Distributed Solar Development (a GE Renewable Energy venture), Lincoln Clean Energy, Brookfield Renewables, and Origis Energy as gold sponsors, and AEP Energy, EnterSolar, Enerparc, Clearway, E.on, EDP Renewables, and Urban Grid Solar as silver sponsors.
The Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum is an invitation-only event open to qualified energy management, sustainability, and facility management executives. Corporate buyer registration closes on August 12. In addition, a limited number of supplier sponsorships are available to renewable energy suppliers and advisors with a proven track record.
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- White paper: Demand-Side Energy Management in the U.S. Manufacturing Industrial Sector
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building