Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - August 19, 2019
Iron Mountain opens 100% RE data center
Iron Mountain Incorporated, the storage and information management company, has expanded its Phoenix data center campus with a second enterprise-class data center facility, AZP-2, powered entirely with renewable energy (RE). The 530,000 sq.-ft. three-story facility provides four megawatts (MW) of concurrently maintainable power capacity during this first phase and will deliver 48 MW of total IT capacity at full build-out. The center provides campus connectivity to the existing 45 MW operating in AZP-1 and AZS-1 in Scottsdale, leveraging the network density of the existing ecosystem.
When fully developed, the 40-acre Phoenix campus should support more than 100 MW of IT load. The campus will also support multiple use cases, including local and regional business continuity/disaster recovery.
Iron Mountain's global data center platform consists of 14 operational facilities in 13 markets and on three continents. At full build-out, it can support more than 350 MW of IT capacity, including leasable capacity and land and buildings held for future development.
"We are excited to deliver our next phase of expansion capacity in Phoenix, one of the largest data center markets in the United States," said Iron Mountain’s Mark Kidd, EVP and general manager, in a statement. "The addition of AZP-2 further strengthens our global data center platform, and increases our ability to meet the demand from customers looking for a lower cost, highly resilient data center solution in the Western U.S."
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business