Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - April 24, 2020
New Platform Enables SED to Move Forward with All 2020 Events
Smart Energy Decisions announced today that is has developed a dynamic platform, utilizing the latest in communications and event management technology for facilitating virtual events and meetings between large electric power users and leading industry suppliers.
What this means for the Smart Energy Decisions community is that all 2020 Smart Energy Decisions events will continue as planned with some held physically (when possible) and others – when necessary – held virtually. “Necessity is the mother of invention”, said John Failla, Founder and Editorial Director of Smart Energy Decisions. “Responding to the challenges associated with COVID 19 has illuminated the power of virtual meetings and the opportunity to leverage modern communications and event technology in a more effective way than previously possible. We’re confident our platform will be the next best thing to being face to face for learning, connecting and doing business while providing the personalized service our community has come to expect from Smart Energy Decisions”.
The platform has been developed to meet the needs of the community based on input from the SED Virtual Platform Taskforce of industry executives representing both large electric power users and leading industry suppliers who have participated in Smart Energy Decisions events including:
- Frank Incontrerra, director - energy, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eric Hoegger, director of global renewable energy, Cargill
- Omer Champion, director of electrical design, CSX
- Cindy Quan, vice president, environmental, social and governance team, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Jay Paidipati, global energy manager, IBM
- Mike Colwell, director, NA indirect materials & services and global energy, Illinois Tool Works,
- Brent Trenga, director of sustainability, Kingspan Insulated Panels North America
- Jeff Colvin, senior vice president, sales, MP2 Energy LLC
- David Templeman, vice president – environmental, health, and safety, ViacomCBS
- Dan Kosciak, director of business partnerships, 3Degrees
- Bob Kinscherf, vice president, national accounts, Constellation
- Craig Noxon, vice president, enterprise sales, REC Solar/Duke Energy Renewables
- Rob Federighi, vice president of sales, Edison Energy
- Greg Rizzo, senior manager, commercial office, Enel Green Power
Based on this input, the platform has been designed to meet the needs of the entire community. As with SED’s in-person events, each virtual event will feature the opportunity to experience SED’s trademark cutting edge content, connect with peers, and conduct one-to-one strategic meetings between customers and leading industry suppliers.
Failla said “SED’s commitment to the success of our community doesn’t pause during tough times. We view the current environment as a challenge and look forward to helping customers advance their projects and achieve their sustainability goals in spite of the obstacles put before us.”
Access information on any of Smart Energy Decisions’ upcoming events by clicking on the links below:
- Summer edition of the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, July 27-29
- Distributed Energy Forum, September 21-23
- Winter edition of the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, December 7-9
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey