Commercial, Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - June 8, 2020
RE Sourcing Forum’s “Virtual Advantage” Detailed
Corporate renewable energy buyers and suppliers are demonstrating their commitment to Smart Energy Decisions’ Virtual Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum. Set for July 27-31, this innovative virtual event will debut using a proprietary platform featuring the latest in communications and event management technology for facilitating virtual events including one-to-one meetings.
“Hundreds of hours have gone into the development of our proprietary online platform that builds on the unique features of our in-person events to extend them online,” said SED Founder John Failla
Specifically, the Virtual Advantages of SED’s proprietary platform include the exclusive opportunity for corporate buyers to meet one-to-one with their peers; the flexibility to view educational sessions when they are streamed or on-demand; conduct private video calls with prospective supplier partners that can help them succeed and participate in small peer groups to hear and discuss case study presentations from leading industry suppliers.
Industry leaders addressing cutting edge topics remain a constant at SED events. Among the sessions confirmed for the virtual event:
- Cindy Quan, global chief of staff and head of ESG, Goldman Sachs with “Goldman Sachs’ Renewable Energy Journey”
- A panel on “The Growing Role of Municipal Utility Buyers” with Jackie Sargent, general manager, Austin Energy and Jon Tzimorangas, president and CEO, Energy New England.
- Enel North America on “Opportunities and Risks in Long-term PPAs
- James Goudreau, Head of Climate, Novartis Business Services, “Multiple Approaches to Address the Climate Challenge”
- REC Solar/Duke Energy Renewables on “Assisting Customers in an Evolving Energy Marketplace”
- Constellation on “Latest Developments in Green Energy Strategies”
- Rob Threlkeld, Global Manager – Sustainable Energy, Supply & Reliability, General Motors with a special session on “Partnering with Customers”
- 3Degrees on “Innovative Procurement Strategies”
- Nick Brown, City Energy Manager, City of Phoenix, with “Greening Cities: Phoenix Leads the Way”
In-person or online, the mission of the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum remains the same: to provide the information, inspiration, and contacts necessary to help large electric power users create and execute their renewable energy sourcing strategy.
As corporate buyers have targets and goals to achieve, enthusiasm is strong for the event, with executives from the following companies already confirmed to attend: Aramark, Bank of America, Bloomberg LP, Bristol Meyers Squibb, Co., Bucknell University, Cargill, Cinemark USA, Cisco Systems, Citrix, City of Phoenix, Comcast NBCUniversal, CSX, Cushman & Wakefield, General Motors, Goldman Sachs, HP, IBM Corporation, Illinois Tool Works, Intel, Iron Mountain, Jabil, Kingman Healthcare Inc., McCormick & Company, Michigan State University, Mohawk Industries, MOM’s Organic, Parker Hannifin, Praxair, Inc., Raytheon Technologies, USG, Tyson, Viacom CBS, and Vista Print.
The event is generating excitement among a group of new suppliers as well as those who have experienced SED events in the past. Among the new group are gold sponsors Orsted and Tenaska Power Services Co., with Customer First Renewables, Vestas/Steelhead, Energy Edge Consulting, Safari Energy, and Nextamp joining as silver sponsors. Returning sponsors include platinum sponsors MP2 Energy, 3Degrees, REC Solar/Duke Energy Renewables, Constellation, and Enel North America Inc. Gold sponsors are NRG, Direct Energy Business, Edison Energy, and LevelTen Energy. Silver sponsors include NextEra Energy, Apex Clean Energy, Calpine Energy Solutions, American Electric Power, and Geronimo Energy.
“Our commitment to serving the industry in fulfillment of our mission is unwavering. As I’ve said now for the past 90 days, it’s going to take more than a pandemic to stop us. I’m incredibly proud of the team’s response to adversity in developing a unique and innovative experience to help our community succeed”
For more information on the Virtual Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, click here. Buyer registration is limited; for more information, click here. Suppliers may apply for one of the few remaining sponsorship opportunities here.
Today's Leaders. Tomorrow's Heroes.
The George Washington University