Commercial, Solar - August 27, 2021
Albertsons Inks Deal for 6.6 MW Maine Solar Project
A 6.6 MW solar energy project that will provide power to Albertsons Companies stores is now under construction in Maine.
The grocery retailer completed an agreement with Dynamic Energy Solutions to source more than 8.5 million kWh of electricity annually for its Shaw store locations throughout the Central Maine Power utility territory. The ground-mounted solar array will be one of the largest solar assets in Albertsons Cos.’ portfolio of renewable energy.
“Delivering solar energy to our Shaw's stores in Maine aligns with Albertsons Companies' commitment to continue making a meaningful difference in our neighborhoods and reducing our climate impacts,” Suzanne Long, group vice president of strategic sourcing & ESG at Albertsons Companies, said in a statement. “This project with Dynamic Energy and Soltage represents a major step in working toward our science-based reduction goals.”
Dynamic Energy will provide engineering, procurement and construction services for the project, while Soltage managed the financing. The construction and installation should be completed in the fourth quarter of 2021.
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers