Utilities, Commercial, Solar - March 18, 2022
Dominion Energy's Virginia Solar Projects Approved
The expansion of new solar and energy storage projects for Dominion Energy Virginia customers was approved by the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC).
Once these projects are operating, they will provide nearly 1,000 MW of carbon-free electricity.
The approved expansion includes 15 Dominion Energy Virginia projects, along with PPAs with 24 other projects owned by third-party developers. The projects will help advance Dominion Energy's path to net zero GHG emissions.
“This is another significant milestone in Virginia's transition to energy independence," said Ed Baine, president of Dominion Energy Virginia in a statement. "These projects will support thousands of good jobs and hundreds of millions in economic activity in communities across Virginia. This is a positive step forward for our customers, the environment and Virginia's economy."
The projects are expected to be completed in 2022 and 2023 and will add approximately $1.13 to the typical residential customers' monthly bill.
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness