Financing energy efficiency through mortgage loans
Type: Research Study
Categories: Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Finance
Date Published: 9/7/2017
Source: Institute for Market Transformation
Primary Topic: Energy Efficiency
This report from the Institute for Market Transformation and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory examines the current landscape for building owners and lenders seeking to integrate energy efficiency and utility savings into building assessments and retrofit plans, and to utilize the data to enhance traditional loans.
The report examines real properties that successfully utilize existing programs to help building owners account for energy efficiency during mortgage underwriting, and offers guidelines for the mortgage lending community and building owners on how to roll energy efficiency retrofits into traditional mortgages in an effective and seamless manner.
For decades, mortgage loans have been the primary means of financing residential and commercial building ownership. The lending community’s use of traditional, multi-year loans for both commercial and multifamily properties alike spread costs over a long period to lessen financial burden for buyers, but until recently, building owners who sought a more energy-efficient building needed to obtain non-traditional financing and perform energy retrofits separate from a traditional mortgage.
Please fill out the below field to receive the report. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Reader study: Smart Energy Decisions is #1
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business