The Evolution of the California Energy Market: How demand response, management will change the future
Type: White Paper
Categories: Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, Power Prices, Regulation, Utilities
Date Published: 11/1/2017
Primary Topic: Power Prices
This white paper, presented by CPower, explores the evolution of the California electricity market and evaluates how demand response and demand management will play integral roles in the Golden State's energy future. Written by Jennifer Chamberlin, CPower's executive director for the California market, the paper aims to paint a clear picture of the future and present of California's energy landscape in a way that arms organizations and businesses with the facts and insights needed to make sound energy management decisions.
In painting that picture, CPower outlines how the state's largest electric utilities (SCE, PG&E, SDG&E) and California's grid operator (California ISO) have evolved demand response in the Golden State to maintain the flow of reliable electricity to the areas that need it most, and offers an overview of how demand management practices are combining with distributed resources like energy storage to help alleviate grid stress and curb volatile electricity prices.
Download the 10-page white paper below to learn more.
Please fill out the below field to receive the report. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution