The Evolution of the California Energy Market: How demand response, management will change the future
Type: White Paper
Categories: Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, Power Prices, Regulation, Utilities
Date Published: 11/1/2017
Primary Topic: Power Prices
This white paper, presented by CPower, explores the evolution of the California electricity market and evaluates how demand response and demand management will play integral roles in the Golden State's energy future. Written by Jennifer Chamberlin, CPower's executive director for the California market, the paper aims to paint a clear picture of the future and present of California's energy landscape in a way that arms organizations and businesses with the facts and insights needed to make sound energy management decisions.
In painting that picture, CPower outlines how the state's largest electric utilities (SCE, PG&E, SDG&E) and California's grid operator (California ISO) have evolved demand response in the Golden State to maintain the flow of reliable electricity to the areas that need it most, and offers an overview of how demand management practices are combining with distributed resources like energy storage to help alleviate grid stress and curb volatile electricity prices.
Download the 10-page white paper below to learn more.
Please fill out the below field to receive the report. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- 2019 Innovation Awards Insights Report
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- A Model for Sustainability Success: The Ohio State University’s Integrated Energy Solution
- The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States
- Infographic: Craft Beer Alliance targets World Class Craft