Navigating a successful energy project proposal
Type: Research Study
Categories: Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency
Date Published: 12/7/2017
Source: Retail Industry Leaders Association
Primary Topic: Energy Efficiency
A new Workflow and Approval Process Guide, prepared by RILA and the Institute for Market Transformation, helps retail energy professionals think more strategically about the project proposal and budgeting process. It is the latest in a suite of financing resources produced through RILA's cooperative agreement award from the U.S. DOE. From getting buy-in from all affected departments to aligning the project's objectives with the company's public goals, this guide considers the many factors that impact the approval process for energy projects and provides thoughtful insights on how to navigate them.
While most businesses conceptually understand the financial and environmental value in investing in energy efficiency projects, successfully proposing and greenlighting new energy projects internally can still be a challenge. Retail energy managers must navigate internal competition for funds, short- and long-term budget cycles, and cross-departmental buy-in as they seek to move projects forward.
Scroll through an example workflow and approval process in this infographic, or download the full Workflow and Approval Process Guide below to see the process applied in a Food Lion Implementation Model.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Reader study: Smart Energy Decisions is #1
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business